Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Great day today!

Hello Everyone...just a quick update from me.

We started our Tuesday morning with a devotional lead by Pastor Jared... we read through Proverbs 3:1-12. Pastor Jared challenged us to be more proactive, more visionary and less reactionary- to trust the Lord, step out in faith, seek His direction on this trip and remaining faithful/loyal regardless of the trials and change.

I was assigned the task of helping to dig a trench at the church offices along with Tracy, Ella, Brigitte and Moe. If you know me... you know that I was definitely out of my comfort zone! It was pretty hard work and specially on a hot and humid day. The humidity in Managua is pretty crazy, and we were told today that it is actually winter season (pretty hot for winter if you ask me!) right now. I can't even imagine what summer must be like! Anyway, we all worked hard for several hours and accomplished a lot. I'm thinking we'll be doing the same kind of work tomorrow.

We met and connected with members of Harvest Managua. Members of a small group took time off of work to come to the church offices and serve us lunch and they were so excited and happy about serving... humbling. We had so much fun talking with them and getting to know one another. I'm looking forward to more fellowship and ministry opportunities this week!

My prayer is that God would continue to give us opportunities to share the love of Christ in this city and that He would be glorified in all that we do!

Thank you all for your prayers and support! We'll try and keep all of you updated everyday this week!

Oh, by the way..................Nicaraguan coffee................................really good! :)

Goodnight,

Josh






No comments:

Post a Comment