Friday, July 27, 2012

Estoy pocito cansato ahora.

Today was a busy day.  We painted a lot, and did so in a place that was such a small confined area, that we wore gas masks.  I must say, that was my first experience with those.  I did like it though.  My eyes did not so much.  My hands seemed to have taken a beating today.  Lots of paint thinner to clean them off and still, paint remains on them.  We helped replace a roof at the church office today as well.  

Special prayer goes out for Moe.  He seems to have caught a bug of some sort.  He's right next to me in our room, and the A/C is on, yet he says he's sweating.  Not sure what's going on with him, because he was feeling okay for the most part this afternoon.

Today was the first day that I tried the fruit mamon.  It kind of resembles the taste and texture of a grape, yet it has a huge seed in the middle.  I had never seen or heard that it even existed.

As far as my walk with God goes, yesterday I heard Alvaro's testimony about how he came to know the Lord personally, It brought tears to my eyes. (I am able to understand a lot more spanish now than I ever have been. I use what I know, and always ask how to say new things.  I have a passion to learn the language.  I've had lies put in my head already that say, it's too hard, you'll never learn.  All satanic lies.  I got to share my testimony with the help of Perla my translator. (Thanks Perla!)  I am looking very forward to Sunday to Worship our God here in Nicaragua.  God is the same no matter what the country and he will always be in control.

One last thing that stuck out to me was that during the prayer today before our lunch, Oswaldo said something to the effect that "their are starving people in Africa and that we have more than enough here in Nicaragua."  They don't have much here in Nicaragua compared to America, but they still are blessed.  I just love that attitude and mindset that Jesus has.  It is now time for me to go to bed though.  Goodnight.

-Justin












1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better Mo. Looking forward to all your stories when you folks get back. Mike Medina

    ReplyDelete